Ski & Shop Is THIS Week!
Posted on 2/14/2022 6:24:00 PM
Ski & Shop ⛷🎿
- DATE 🗓 // THIS Weekend // February 19-20
- OPTIONAL ✌️ // Students can sign up for Fun Lab, Skiing/Boarding, or Tubing
- REGISTER HERE ⏰ // Deadline is Thursday at 10 AM
- INVITE A FRIEND 👍 // You can still sign up!! -- invite all the friends -- especially if they have never been to CHAOS! -
- WAIT LIST ⏰ // If you end up on the waitlist, don’t panic. It just means we will be working on more transportation. This doesn’t mean you can’t go. The more people we have signed up for, the better chance of everyone going!
- FUN 🎉 // It’s been two years since we have been able to do Ski & Shop! Feels good to have it back!
SATURDAY/SUNDAY -- TRIP TO MINNESOTA
- COST: $100 + add on // Scholarships available HERE (Money is not a reason to not join!)
- OVERVIEW OF DAY // We will start the day at Nazareth Lutheran Church (door 7) with check in. When you check in students will receive a fandana, mask (just in case a store at the mall requires one), and a Ski & Shop sticker. This sticker will help us know you are cleared to load the bus.
- CHECK IN // 5:15 am - 5:45 am at Naz Lutheran Church (Door 7 -- Northwest parking lot, to the left of the Gym door, signs will point the way)
- FUN LAB & WILD MOUNTAIN // Fun Lab students will all be on one bus to be dropped off while other buses head off to Wild Mountain for skiing, snowboarding, or tubing.
- WAIVERS // If you haven’t filled out waiver for any activity at Wild Mountain, it is available HERE and use the code “wmtelr19”.
- NEW LIFE // 6:00 pm we will arrive at the school we will be staying at. Here we will be eating pizza, playing games, sharing a message, worship, and some late night bingo. There will be locker rooms to shower, and two gyms to split up boys and girls for sleeping arrangements. Breakfast in the morning.
- HOSANNA // 8:00 am We will head out to Hosanna Church for a morning service and take a large group picture.
- MALL OF AMERICA // 11:00 am We will arrive at Mall Of America where we will explore stores, Nickelodeon Universe, and have a meet up spot to check in and meet at before heading to buses at 3:30 pm.
- PICK UP // 7:00 - 7:15 pm at Naz Lutheran Church // Door 6
- IF YOUR STUDENT HAS ANY COVID-19 SYMPTOMS, PLEASE KEEP THEM HOME. // We understand that this is an exciting trip and something students look forward to, but we ask that you use your best judgment when it comes to sending your student on Ski and Shop. Your discretion is key in the success of this trip!
- QUESTIONS? // Respond directly to this email!
Packing List: (one small bag for bus + one duffle bag or suitcase for under bus (labeled w/ name) + sleeping stuff)
- Money for lunch and early dinner at Mall of America on Sunday ($15-20)
- Sleeping bag/something to sleep on (Att: gym floors are not soft)
- Pillow / Blanket
- Toiletries (Toothbrush, Toothpaste, Deodorant, Towel, Shampoo/Conditioner/Body Wash)
- Clothes for church (You will wear this outfit all day, nothing too fancy)
- Skiers: (BRING ON BUS)
- Ski gear (Snow Pants, Coat, Hat, Gloves, Warm Socks)
- Extra outfit after skiing (if need be)
- Garbage bag for wet clothes
- Skiers/snowboarders bringing OWN equipment:
- Put skis / snowboard / ski boots in an additional bag labeled with your name.
- Bible / journal
- Cell phone / charger:
- This year we are encouraging students to unplug from their phones and really focus on the experience at hand. We see this trip as a chance to disconnect from their phones and enjoy the people around them by leaving their phones at home. It’s a great chance to escape the pressures of social media and we expect God to do BIG things. CHAOS Staff are always available if students/parents need to be contacted. Highly encouraged -- not required. :)
We finished up the last week of our series called "Awkward". We talked about the different types of relationships we will have. Brenna Lantz talked about the lies of dating, and Dave Bartlett talked about the lies of sex. We brought what Jesus said about it, and truth into the lies we may hear either through friends, tv, social media, or other sources. We linked the talks below so you can be included in what was shared at CHAOS.
AWKWARD - Lies About Dating - Brenna Lantz
AWKWARD - Lies About Sex - Dave Bartlett
We love to hear from you! Feel free to directly respond to this blog if you have questions or encouraging stories to share!
Register or sign your student (or a new friend) for a small group: Register HERE!