Last Week of "Can I Ask That?", Riverside & “The Event”!
Posted on 2/9/2021 2:33:00 PM
- This Wednesday → Last week of 'Can I Ask That?" & Riverside coming!
- Next Wednesday → Small Group Night
- February 27-28 → The Event
- February Calendar of Events → Ash Wednesday and Birds & Bees
IN-PERSON & VIRTUAL // Feb 10 // 7:00-8:30
- Click HERE for COVID GUIDELINES. (Masks still required.)
- YouTube Live: HERE
CAN I ASK THAT?
- We are wrapping up this series on questions with a talk about sex! Kristin Sauerbrei and Derrick Akers will be sharing about how wherever students find themselves with this topic (super uninterested, curious, confused, ashamed, etc) that they are normal and God loves them. We know that they have LOTS of voices in their lives around this topic (friends, social media, school, church, etc) and it is a lot to figure out as a junior high student. We will encourage students what they CAN do to be healthy right now: 1) Talk to God, 2) Pay Attention (to their own mind, body, heart), 3) Talk to a Trusted Adult
- If you have further questions -- please feel free to live stream the teaching via Youtube at 7pm or reply to this email. Our small group leaders went through an extensive training about how our goal for this night is to empower students to continue this conversation with a trusted adult (aka: YOU) as each student navigates their own journey. We are on your team!
- If you as a parent want too connect with resources as you enter into conversations with your JH student: 1) Feel free email Kris Hoskinson (a staff member at Orchard Hill Church and fellow parent of a JH student) at firstname.lastname@example.org She would love to process/point you to other help resources.2) Join us at Naz for “Birds & Bees” on Feb 17 at 6:45pm. This is a program to help parents of kids specifically ages 1-10 to teach, equip and encourage parents to be the expert in talking to their kids about sex. You can either attend in person or virtually. Sign up at naz.org.
RIVERSIDE BIBLE CAMP IS COMING
- Lute & Jessie from Riverside will join us to lead worship and share about summer camp -- YES, summer camp is happening and we know that kids need camp! Click HERE for a video and HERE for more info on Riverside’s website. Scholarships coming soon.
SMALL GROUP NIGHT // Feb 17 // 7pm - 8pm
- No Large Group (due to Ash Wednesday service)
- Small groups have the choice to meet at Naz in the small group room, sign up for gym time, go out to eat, or ask a parent to meet at a students’ house.
- Your students’ small group leader will communicate with YOU what their specific plan is. If leaders have not contacted you by next Wednesday at 12pm, please reply to this email.
- We are stoked for small groups to have quality time together by doing what is fun for them and emphasize two of our core values which are “high fun // high Truth” & “authentic relationships”.
- Click HERE for all the details - registration, activities, price, scholarship info, etc.
- Registration is OPEN.
- **It’s NOT overnight… just two days of activity!
- Questions? Email email@example.com
FEBRUARY CALENDAR OF EVENTS
**Click HERE & see graphic below for more details
We love to hear from you! Feel free to directly respond to this blog if you have questions or encouraging stories to share!
Register or sign your student (or a new friend) for a small group: Register HERE!